I've just arrived from an epic journey from Koh Rong Island - Sihanoukville - Phnom Penh - Saigon.
It was a mission, first the boat from Koh Rong island arrived back to the Sihanoukville at 7ish, and being low season, thought it was going to be relatively easy to book a bus ticket back to Phnom Penh. Indeed I was wrong and the only bus going back to Phnom Penh was fully booked. I really wanted to get out of Cambodia and the quickest way of doing that was traveling back to Phnom Penh in the evening, arriving about 1am and then waking up at 630 to catch the boat down the Mekong towards Saigon.
Having missed the bus our only way back to Phnom Penh that night was to arrange a taxi, we ended up paying $40 USD between four of us only a couple of bucks more than the bus ticket for a more comfortable journey.
Having slept for 5-6 hours I woke up waiting for our bus outside the designated hotel, it was supposed to pick me up at 7am, but didn't actually arrive til almost 8am, which meant... yes you guessed it, we missed our connecting boat down the Mekong! So instead of the bus driver taking us to the port, it instead bombed it down alongside the Mekong for a good 2-3 hours looking for the missed boat trying to catch it up.
It managed to catch up with the boat and I crossed into the Mekong waters of Vietnam, coming to a stand still at a small town called Chau Doc. Vietnam here I am... Saigon still had to wait a few more hours as we had to get our connecting bus. Another 4-5 hour journey, which wasn't too bad, but the boys and I were the only foreigners on the bus, and we stood out like a sore thumb. It was so bad, this woman in front of us was staring.... seriously just staring at us through the whole journey... here's a picture of what she was doing. Note: She didn't know I took this photo....
LOL, omg that woman is jokes! haha
ReplyDelete