Friday, 23 September 2011

Penang Laksa

One of the most exciting things for me about travelling is local foods. Since arriving in Malaysia all I have been doing most of the time is eating, Malaysia's population has a mix of Malay, Chinese and Indian people and it really reflects in their local foods. Curries, noodles, rice, rotis, all have their twists of different cultures. One word.. Amazing!!

Penang is most famous two main foods, it's Penang laksa and the char kwai teo. Laksa is basically noodles in assam flavoured fish soup with chopped chillis, cucumber, pineapple, onions and mint. All mixed together gives a wonderful, tangy and spicy flavour. Laksa is one of my favourites back home, so I was determined to try the stuff that was so rated. A famous Laksa was recommended to us 20mins away from town centre. 



Like most good foods in South East Asia, it was a street vendor that was serving this so called amazing Laksa. Having ordered our Laksa for 3.50RM, the soup was runny, clear with hardly any taste, took a lot of chilli sauce to give it the kick I wanted. It was pretty disappointing, but I guess you can never compare it to dad's home made cooking!

1 comment:

  1. oh no, dissapointing laksa! =(
    I love assam laksa too! hehe

    ReplyDelete